[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping issue
 Date:  Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:07:59 +0200
Hallo Danne,

Danne schrieb am 25. July 2004:

>While transfering, I can disable and reenable shaping and watch my
>speed drop and return reliabily.

Exactly my experiences, it's totally consisting: as soon as I enable
shaping my up- and download-rates drop significantly, also recover the
moment I disable shaping.

>and any time non-java based transfers are passing through the
>PPPoE client, I see this drop.

I use Azureus (Java Client for BitTorrent), tried several versions
also tried BitTornado in several versions (Python based), effects are
always the same. With shaping everything drops.

Kind regards

Frederick