[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  blaue0 <me at blaue0 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem getting m0n0wall to work
 Date:  Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:08:42 +0200
Thanks a lot. First: With crossover cable from my machine to m0n0, all
works fine.
I don't know much about electronic and such stuff. I don't know if my
switch is grounded correctly, but I think it's not.

I know, that I have to use https instead of http with HTTPS, but it's as
I said: nmap shows a completly closed firewall. Not even one port is open.

I'm not using the same IP subnet on WAN and LAN interface, the LAN is
192.168.1.x and the WAN is assigned by DHCP from my cable provider.

I can ping the box with a crossover cable (when it's directly connected
to my machine), but I can't if it's connected to the switch using
crossover or patch cable.