[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CF & m0n0wall problems
 Date:  Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Frederick Page wrote:
> James Doherty schrieb am 04. August 2004:
>
> >I have been able to confirm problems highlighted in this post:
>
> Why don't you use the search-function again? The solution is:
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=73&actionargs[]=62

Well, I think "workaround" is a better term than "solution", since the
exact bug is not yet understood.  There may even be multiple bugs, since
problems with DMA shouldn't cause the kernel to make bad memory
references.  Conceivably this is due to DMA clobberage, but a software bug
in the PIO fallback code seems more likely.

It would be interesting to see if disabling DMA in the kernel without
disabling it in the bootloader works.

					Fred Wright