[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  blaue0 <me at blaue0 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem getting m0n0wall to work
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:29:56 +0200
On 04.08.2004 22:16 +0200, blaue0 wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't have any hub or something like that.
> It does light up on the switch with both cables, with both cables
> the light on the switch does flicker a bit... don't know if this is
> important.

AFAIR the WRAP hasn't been known to suffer from the "short cable
problem" that some users (including me) have experienced with Soekris
net4501s and certain switches, but it might still be worthwhile to
try using long cables (>= 10 m) between your WRAP and your switch to
see if that makes any difference.

- Manuel