[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Allan D. Piske" <zyryz at terra dot com dot br>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature request
 Date:  Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:47:34 -0300
Hi, I posted this before but no one responded ...

I've a particular interest in a feture such like having bridge support on WAN interface, the way
that i can use m0n0wall as a filtering bridge on a network .. without needing to subnetting or
changing ip address.
filter and traffic shapping should work fine on filtering bridge interfaces .. i already used that
config using a FBSD box.

Another one is .. i was doing some testing on bridging vlans but it seems that it doesn't work the
way it should .. i dont know if it's m0n0wall thats buggy or fbsd ... like .. vlan1 and vlan2 both
tagged on same NIC .. and a host on untagged port on vlan1 and another one on untagged port on vlan2
cannot comunicate using m0n0wall as bridge. ( I was trying to do some bandwidth limiting using that,
but for some reason it doenst work for me. )

regards,

Allan.