[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Diehl <diehlr at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DSL (PPPoE) Connection problems
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:23:42 -0400
I am having problems with my DSL connection hanging and restarting with
m0n0wall running on a Soekris 4521. My DSL router is an older Alcatel
Speedtouch Home.

My ISP is Bellsouth.net and I'm subscribed to 3mbit/384kbit service and
seem to be able to reach maximum speeds without problems. I don't appear
to have these connection issues with the modem hooked directly into my
XP Pro machine using its integrated PPPoE protocol.

Here's a m0n0wall log from the point at which it indicates problems, all
the way until it establishes a working connection again:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/i/diehlr/m0n0wall.txt

I'm on digest, so replies won't be seen until later tonight, thanks!

-Rob Diehl