[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  "Allan D. Piske" <zyryz at zyryz dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:41:36 -0700
[Please teach your MUA to wrap lines properly.  I've fixed this up for
you.]

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 09:47, Allan D. Piske wrote:
> I've a particular interest in a feture such like having bridge
> support on WAN interface, the way that i can use m0n0wall as a
> filtering bridge on a network .. without needing to subnetting or
> changing ip address.  filter and traffic shapping should work fine
> on filtering bridge interfaces .. i already used that config using
> a FBSD box.

m0n0wall has been able to do filtered bridging for quite awhile (since
before 1.0).  You need to enable filtered bridging on the Advanced
page.  Search the mailing list archives for more info...there are some
limitations to this feature and you should be aware of them before
trying to set things up.

> Another one is .. i was doing some testing on bridging vlans but it
> seems that it doesn't work the way it should .. i dont know if it's
> m0n0wall thats buggy or fbsd ... like .. vlan1 and vlan2 both tagged
> on same NIC .. and a host on untagged port on vlan1 and another one on
> untagged port on vlan2 cannot comunicate using m0n0wall as bridge. ( I
> was trying to do some bandwidth limiting using that, but for some
> reason it doenst work for me. )

Don't know about this...I haven't tried it.  I *believe* that FreeBSD's
bridging works between VLANs, at least the bridge(4) manpage strongly
implies it.

Bruce.