[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Gregory <eric at gatewayconnections dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  New To List
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:12:04 -0500
Greetings list, I'm new here and hoping to get some opinions.  The thing
that drew me to the MonoWall Site was my search for a solution to
provide my customers.

basically what I want to do is take a WRAP board, place it in a PAC
Wireless rootenna, put an OS and a wireless card on it, (Currently I'm
looking at Monowall) and put it at the clients location to provide a
secured wireless link.  I'm thinking secure as in the box will provide
firewall protection to the clients network and VPN tunneling back to my
end of the link where it will just go out over the wired network to the
internet at large.

The idea is, Let em crack the wep all they want, they'll run into the
firewall on each end, and any data they intercept will be VPN encrypted.

Anyone done this using MonoWall and a WRAP or Soekris platform
(Preferably WRAP just because they seem to be a little less expensive)
Also I've noticed in some of the Photo's in the Gallery that there are
some engenius cards in use for wireless although I can't seem to find
Engenius cards on the supported list, What Engenius cards is everyone
using and how well do they work?

Any help and info Is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric