[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ubi de feo <ubi at twodotone dot com>
 To:  Rob Diehl <diehlr at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DSL (PPPoE) Connection problems
 Date:  Fri, 6 Aug 2004 00:06:10 +0200
i experience the same
not solved yet, though.

search for "speedtouch" in the mailing list archive.
a few people gave suggestions on how to solve that, but i still have my
soekris off
and i can't run this thing

it looks like the main problem (to me, at least) is that the IP
provided by the ISP dhcp server
resides on a network, but the gateway ip is external to this network.

i hook windows XP to the router and it works fine
mac OS X works great, i'd say piece of cake
Fedora works, u just need to add a route to the network and set the
default gw

looks like freebsd kernels can't accept this thing, and if u try adding
the routes manually
it works for half a second and then dies.
really can't explain, but i gave up untilf further notice (or m0n0
update to overcome this issue)

wish u good luck (u'll need much if your case is like mine)

ciao.ubi