[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  William Bulley <web at merit dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New To List
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:09:06 -0700
Here is a rough layout, so I may not have included all necessary routing
info. I do know it took a few days to workout routing bugs...etc Most of
the clients are limited to 2Mbps, even though they can pull full 11Mbps.

http://www.tawifi.com/roolayout.jpg

Out test system was based loosely from the following URL
http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/fiddler/
Be sure to build a test net to make your plan before you go and drop some
cash only to find out it may not work.
We started with 2 houses like the above URL but one house had a T1 so we
wanted all Internet traffic bound to the one house.

Right now the whole thing is still kinda "beta" we just finished most of
the nodes less than a month ago. So bugs still crop up here and there.
All nodes are using m0n0 v 1.1b16 (traffic grapher is waaayy cool by the
way!) which has been quite stable for us.

Hope this helps, I do know it was a mind bender when we first implemented
it, so it will take some time to make it all work.

-Eric