[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to get wireless working & Corrupt config
 Date:  Fri, 6 Aug 2004 00:38:59 +0100
I've been setting up a wireless network with a friend, over a fairly long
distance. We can connect using a laptop, custom antennae and an access point
on his end just fine.

However, I've had no luck setting it up in m0n0wall. Pinging his access
point works from the laptop and from m0n0wall itself, but from any computer
on the network it seems to want to route it over the WAN interface (my
router.)

My m0n0wall box is 192.168.0.1, my router 192.168.1.1 and the wireless
interface 80.10.0.10 - connected to the access point which is 80.10.0.2

Any ideas?

Additionally, my config became corrupt, forcing me to have to carry a damn
monitor and keyboard up into the attic to reset the settings :(