[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Andrew Greenwood <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request - Failsafe Config
 Date:  Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:24:52 +0800 (MYT)
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Andrew Greenwood wrote:

> This would mean that, in the event of a corrupt config file, the
> failsafe one could be used, the user could login via their browser as
> normal, and download the corrupt CONFIG.XML to fix it.

well, both the webGUI and the serial console provide a reset to factory
defaults option which will restore a factory shipped config file.
additionally, the config file backup/restore allows you to take backups of
your configuration. using factory reset combined with a restore should
give you the same functionality.