[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature Request - Failsafe Config
 Date:  Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:49:11 +0100
> 	In the diagnostic section, you can save your m0n0wall
> config elsewhere.
> Save it on your PC, if your m0n0wall box crash, go with a
> default install, reload that saved config. and voila! you're
> up and running in no time.

The downside to going with a default install is that the interfaces are not
configured at that point - you have to do the initial interface config with
a monitor/keyboard attached before you can get back to the web interface to
replace the config file.  I'm sure for many of us, one of m0n0's great
strengths is that it runs quite happily headless for the most part.

Perhaps an option to get the compact flash generic-pc version to try
searching for a config.xml file from a floppy first? That way one could
simply copy the config.xml file onto a floppy on another machine, insert the
disk, and boot m0n0.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969