[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  senao firmware downgrade
 Date:  Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:44:39 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to bore everyone with the same question again.
The firmware foolishness has cost me numerous hours.

I'd like to know if anyone has succeeded on one of
the platforms I have access to.

I have succeeded in upgrading exactly 1 card using win98.
I cannot reproduce this.  If anyone knows why, I
can always try that again.

I don't have an XP laptop.
Hopefully by the time I get home, I'll have
a Mandrake 9.1 laptop, but I don't expect it to
have the kernel needed.

I do have right now a 2000 laptop,
and I did the whole procedure, and it looked good,
and the card remains the same.
This machine I have access to for about an hour.

It seems insane to buy a band-new laptop
to do a 10-minute task.

Thanks for your patience and advice.

Seth
PS I can't imagine, but desperate measure #953 is
buying an XP laptop.  I don't know if even that will help.
If anyone knows, that would also be helpful.