[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Grateful
 Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 02:07:15 +0200
Hallo David,

David Mitchell schrieb am 05. August 2004:

>A few days ago my Linux-based Shorewall box died a hardware death.

Something similiar happened here: my Debian server (also acting as
router, gateway, firewall, NAT) crashed (HD broke down) the same day,
my Soekris arrived.

After sorting out a kernel-trap 12 (my Sandisk CF card was wrongly
addressed as DMA) I got it running with m0n0wall and was also VERY
grateful.

>within a few hours was up and running, and within a day had all the
>minor kinks worked out (I think).

Same here. I "just" had to disable DMA and everything went smoothly
from then.

>I sent a small PayPal token to Manuel

Sounds familiar ;-)

Kind regards