[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonas Hilmersson" <jonas dot hilmersson at cybercom dot se>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall loses WAN IP address
 Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:54:23 +0200
Hi!

I'm experiencing a problem where m0n0wall intermittently loses the IP address of the WAN interface.
Often the problem can be solved by restarting the m0n0wall PC, but it can take from 5 to 60 minutes
before it gets a new IP address. My ISP gives me the usual "not supported home configuration" answer
and tells me to connect my ordinary PC directly to the modem in cause of problems. But as I run the
m0n0wall on an old Pentium II PC, I just can't see the difference. Well, well. Could this be a
configuration issue in m0n0wall?

Currently I'm using the 1.1b15 version, but the problem was there in the 1.0 version as well. I live
in Uppsala, Sweden and my ISP is Bredbandbolaget with a VDSL connection (12 MBits down/9 MBits up).

Any tips?

Brgds

Jonas

This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of Cybercom Group and may be exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
all copies of this message. This agreement shall be governed by the
law where the sender has its place of business. Any attachment(s) to
this e-mail has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-scanner and procedures.