[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  blaue0 <me at blaue0 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem getting m0n0wall to work
 Date:  Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:49:35 +0200
My ISP don't assigns me an IP like 192.168.1.x, thats my _local_ subnet
on my home. From my ISP I get something like 217.210.x.x.

I found something which is may important too: If I connect the m0n0 to
the switch, using both cable methods, then _not_ both LEDs of the LAN
interface on the box go up, only one.
But if it's connected directly to my machine using a crossover cable,
both LEDs go up...
Don't know if this is important...

Power-cycling the switch doesn't help, I always get a "Connection
refused" error in Mozilla Firefox. Normally I get something like "Host
not found", if a host (i.e. m0n0.ch) is down, but I think this is
because I use an IP address directly..