[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper and PPP headers
 Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:26:44 +0200
Hallo Dinesh,

Dinesh Nair schrieb am 07. August 2004:

>>If the shaper "sees" the external NIC sis0, it would at least explain,
>>why it doesn't work with PPPoE.

>what does the ipfw show section of status.php say when pppoe and traffic
>shaper are enabled ?

ipfw: getsocket(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available

>from the code, it does seem like the pppoe interface
>(ngX) is being used and not the sis0 physical interface.

You are right, "ipnat -lv" shows only ng0 interface. Strange ...

Since I'm at least the second user, where the shaper does not seem to
work when using PPPoE, I'd kindly ask someone competent (that would
exclude me) to have a look into the traffic shaper/PPPoE issue.

Thank you for your input and kind regards

Frederick