[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper and PPP headers
 Date:  Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:43:28 +0200
On 07.08.2004 15:26 +0200, Frederick Page wrote:

>> what does the ipfw show section of status.php say when pppoe and
>> traffic shaper are enabled ?
>
> ipfw: getsocket(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available

This means that the traffic shaper is not enabled (properly) - ipfw
kernel module not loaded. Make sure it's turned on, reboot if
necessary, then post the "ipfw show" output again. The output from
/status.php (anonymized) is also essential if you want anybody to
investigate this issue.

Non-IP packets (that would include PPPoE) are not processed by the
traffic shaper at all.

> Since I'm at least the second user, where the shaper does not seem
> to work when using PPPoE, I'd kindly ask someone competent (that
> would exclude me) to have a look into the traffic shaper/PPPoE
> issue.

I've been using PPPoE on WAN ever since I started working on
m0n0wall, and the traffic shaper has been on most of the time, too...

- Manuel