[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Rainer Zocholl <UseNet dash Posting dash Nospam dash 74308 dash at zocki dot toppoint dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NE2000 ISA Howto?
 Date:  Mon, 9 Aug 2004 03:42:12 +0800 (MYT)
On 8 Aug 2004, Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> No, i m using the "generic" images: generic-pc-1.1b16.img.gz or
> generic-pc-1.0.img.gz ungzipped of course.

quite obviously, from the boot message you posted, it didn't find the
virtual ed0 you configured in bochs. i really don't know why this happens
then, and would surmise that it's a bochs-related thing. i have played
with freebsd's ed(4) devices before, and they've work well and fine.

> Not very convinient... ;-)

the filesystem is UFS, which at this point is only supported on the *BSD,
iianm. plus, if you're building a new kernel, you definitely need a
freebsd base to start from.