[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper and PPP headers
 Date:  Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:29:53 +1000
Hi Manuel,

Aha!  That may explain why I've not noticed Traffic Shaping making a lot
of difference here.  It does appear to make some difference, but it is
more like using rubbery pipes than concrete pipes - the boundaries I set
are more like recommendations than actual limits.  It sure isn't helping
my VoIP usage of this connection.  :(

> > Since I'm at least the second user, where the shaper does
> > not seem to work when using PPPoE, I'd kindly ask someone
> > competent (that would exclude me) to have a look into the
> > traffic shaper/PPPoE issue.
>
> I've been using PPPoE on WAN ever since I started working on
> m0n0wall, and the traffic shaper has been on most of the
> time, too...

Yes, but is it working?

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3343 3889