[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 Cc:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nat behind a NAT a bad idea?
 Date:  Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:28:36 -0700
Are you suggesting having two m0n0walls?  That is an interesting idea,
but I would rather just have one.

Or are you just suggesting I do a 1:1 for some machines and NAT for
others using one m0n0wall?

I have 5 public ip's that I can use.  I use one for my own NAT'ed
network in the office.  So that leaves me with 4 other public IP's.  I
can use one more of those for all my clients who don't need their own
public IP.  That leaves me with 3 public IP's that I can give to
customers who want their own IP.  This is where it gets tricky....I
only have 1 wireless access point to connect to all of my clients that
will be on the roof.  So would I have to run two ethernet cables to
the AP, 1 from OPT1 for NAT'ed clients and another from OPT2 for
public IP clients?  Will that cause a network loop?

Thanks.

Joe