[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Config issue
 Date:  Sun, 8 Aug 2004 23:18:35 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings.
I spent much of the day trying to set up a m0n0wall,
and am not quite succeeding.  A part of me wants to
say I need to test the config on other hardware....
but there's evidence its not needed.

I would be grateful for any pointers at all.

Here's what I did -
1) I set up sis0, sis1.
2) I copied rules from a working m0n0...
allow ping, allow https, etc. for sis1
3) I config'd opt1, copied rules again.

I can ping a device out on the other side
of sis1 or opt1 - one of them even got
an IP address (other was static)....

but cannot ping or http into wi0 or sis1.
(As I type, I am thinking, time to check the logs :-)

I even tried WAN -> any like we have on LAN -> any...

As I said, there's some comm going on, as wi0 clients
get IP addresses from wi0 (via CB3), and I can ping a second CB3
hanging off sis1 using the ping page, so H/W is not so suspect.

I'll try to attach the config.  Don't know if the list allows.

Thanks
Seth
18.clean_config.xml (3.8 KB, text/xml)