[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rainer Zocholl <UseNet dash Posting dash Nospam dash 74308 dash at zocki dot toppoint dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NE2000 ISA Howto?
 Date:  09 Aug 2004 16:45:00 +0200
dinesh at alphaque dot com(Dinesh Nair)  09.08.04 13:22

Once upon a time "Dinesh Nair " shaped the electrons to say...

>On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Joey Morin wrote:

>> This one time, at band camp, Dinesh Nair said:
>>> the filesystem is UFS, which at this point is only supported on the
>>> *BSD, iianm. plus, if you're building a new kernel, you definitely
>>> need a freebsd base to start from.
>>
>> linux has supported ufs type 47 (used by the m0n0) at lease since
>> 2.2.16

>thanx joey. i stand corrected.

But store too:
Linux can only *read* UFS.
The UFS writing is still "experimental" and that means
in my (real!) linux box (2.4.21) : The entire machine freezes if
i try to write more the some few bytes. Only a power cycle
helps! And i found no hint that anybody is working on that driver..

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //