[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean-Francois Theroux <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>
 To:  Pat Ellison <pat at zbit dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Dns with PPTP
 Date:  Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:18:55 -0400
Hi Pat,

	If you have DNS Forwarder enabled in your setup, m0n0wall by default
sets itself as DNS server and sends that info via dhcp.

	If you're setting up a windows client to use PPTP, you can bypass that
in the client configuration. Check out the TCP/IP configuration, you can
manually add a DNS server. Thus, enabling you to do name resolution when
connecting via PPTP.

	Hope this help,

-jf

--