[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP vs Soekris???
 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:34:01 +0200
Hallo Joe,

Joe Lagreca schrieb am 09. August 2004:

>I was wondering which brand people recomend?

I have a Soekris net4801 and am very content with that. So I can't
tell you about the WRAP.

>Isn't the WRAP more powerful in terms of CPU power than a soekris?

You don't need the CPU-power for m0n0wall. Although I have the net4801
(Pentium-1 with 266 mHz), the net 4501 with 486-CPU and 133 Mhz would
have sufficed for a homenetwork and DSL.

>Which will hold up better outside in terms of operating temperatures?

The Soekris is specified for up to 60 Degrees (Centigrade)
surroundings temperature.

>Which board is better supported for m0n0wall?

Both are equally supported.

Regards   Frederick