[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wanted traffic blocked from in to out, why?
 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:28:21 +0200
[quoting corrected]

>> @14 skip 1 in proto tcp from any to any flags S/FSRA
>> @15 block in log quick proto tcp from any to any

>> 02:52:14.472848 sis0 @0:15 b 192.168.100.111,1081 -> 24.99.173.2,6881
>>                 PR tcp len 20 112 -AP IN

>That ir behavior of traffic shaper!

Well, what do you know? A nameless nick-clown top-posts and
full-quotes with Mickysoft's mail simulation and has absolutely no
clue whatsoever.

Just FYI: the traffic-shaper is _not_ enabled, even when enabled it
does not change a thing to the "ipfstat -nio" output, there still are
rules 14 and 15, thus the blocked, but wanted packets persist.

>It's absolutly normal.

Yeah, right. I'm obviously just too stupid to see that :-/

>Disable rule that logs packets blocked by default rule.

Great solution! I just disable the logging of blocked packets, problem
solved. (They still get blocked, but as long as I don't see them
anymore, who cares).  Now why didn't I come up with such a brilliant
idea?

Regards   Frederick