[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCdel?= <me at blaue0 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Off Topic: WLAN
 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:50:36 +0200
Hello list

I hope I can ask this questions here. I tought the people here have a
lot of experience with networks, why don't ask here.

I live in an appartement, and there is no way to ged rid of the noise of
my homeserver except placing it in the cellar of the whole house. But
there is no way to do it with cables.

So I thougt about a WLAN from my room to the cellar. It's a distance of
about 10 meters. But the signal has to go throug an other appartement
and I don't know if that works.

I need a maximum of 400 kbit/s connection in both directions. I'm sure
there is an access point which can do that, but it should not be too
expensive.

Does anyone know, if that works and if yes, with which access point?

Greetz