[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Full IPv6
 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Robert Staph wrote:

> no thats not it, thats for IPv6 tunneling, but thank you for the reply.  I
> mean full IPv6 support, using no IPv4.  I don't think its possible with m0n0
> yet

No, it doesn't have "real" IPv6 enabled in the kernel build, nor does it
currently do IPv6 firewalling.

Note that on many platforms, enabling IPv6 slows DNS lookups down
dramatically, since for some reason the resolvers like to try for an AAAA
record even after successfully getting an A record.  In the absence of
negative cacheing, unsuccessful lookups are *much* slower than successful
lookups.

					Fred Wright