[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP problem with Linux Client
 Date:  Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:00:20 +0200
On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:07:18PM -0700, Fred Wright wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Alex Bihlmaier wrote:
> > Aug 10 23:28:22 erwin mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: rec'd Protocol Reject #17 link
> > 0 (Opened)
> > Aug 10 23:28:22 erwin mpd: [pptpc0] LCP: protocol 0x2145 was rejected

Same here. Gave up some time ago. Bought a PIX ;-)

> There's no way to tell which party is at fault without seeing the LCP
> negotiations.  If PFC was negotiated on, then Debian is to blame for not
> handling it correctly.  If it was negotiated off (or not negotiated at
> all, since off is the default), then MPD or the FreeBSD kernel is to blame
> for using it without permission.  If there's an option to disable PFC, you
> might try it.

Debians default is not to use PFC negotiation:

# Disable protocol field compression negotiation (use default, i.e.
# protocol field compression disabled).
#-pc

> If you send me a packet trace I'll take a look.  You should be able to do
> that on the Debian box with something like:
>
> 	tcpdump -w pptp.cap -s 1536 -i <interface> ip proto 47

Don't have my m0n0wall online, so hopefully Alex might send you a
report.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     You will not censor me through bug terrorism.
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   -- James Troup