[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature request to move firewall rules
 Date:  Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:44:54 -0700
I realize there are arrows to move rules up and down by one place
right now, however I thought it would be really nice to have a move
button, that pops up a window and lets you place a rule anywhere
within the rule listings.  It may require numbering all of the rules,
and then you could say place this rule before rule #2, or after rule
#7.

Just an idea that may help people who need to move rules around, but
have a long rule list.

Another idea that I believe have been suggested before is to be able
to group services into an alias.  Then you could just create one rule
to allow all services in that alias through.  This is something I used
frequently with Netscreen.

I'm not knocking m0n0 at all.  I think its a FABULOUS project, and its
all I use now for my firewalling.  GREAT JOB Manuel.