[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with configuration
 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:46:35 -0400
If your laptop card is in "infrastructure" mode, change it to "ad-hoc" (aka
"peer-to-peer") mode and see if that works.  Or better yet, are you sure its
a Prism2 wireless card in the WRAP? (IIRC Prism2 is the only chipset that
m0n0 can use as an AP in infrastructure).

As far as DMZ not working without a LAN bridge it sounds like a firewall
rules issue..  make sure that you allow each interface to talk to each
other, as it is not specified by default.

ie.
Proto    Source    Port    Destination    Port    Description
*    DMZ net    *    *    *    DMZ -> any
*    *    *    DMZ net    *    any -> DMZ

Plus if you want the services on the DMZ computer available to the outside
you'll need to enter allow rules on the Firewall:Rules:WAN-Interface and use
port forwarding (NAT:Inbound) to get it to the right place.  (I even think
there is a check box when you enter an item in NAT:Inbound that will
automatically add the right firewall rule for you).

-Rob