[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrik" <paake at telia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with configuration
 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:00:08 +0200
Running ifconfig wi0 gives:
$ ifconfig wi0
wi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect <hostap> (DS/2Mbps <hostap>)
status: associated
ssid knivby2 1:knivby2
stationname "FreeBSD WaveLAN/IEEE node"
channel 6 authmode OPEN powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100
wepmode OFF weptxkey 1
wepkey 1:64-bit wepkey 2:64-bit wepkey 3:64-bit wepkey 4:64-bit

hmm, it doesnt have an IP as I have set in m0n0wall? I have set ip address
192.168.0.103 / 24.

$ ifconfig wi0 inet up 192.168.0.103 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

Huh!? What does it mean? Might this be the problem?

-Patrik