[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Blocking Web addresses
 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:40:45 -0400
Or, if you like to do things the "easy" way, then go to the m0n0wall
gui, click on "DNS forwarder", enable, and click on the "+" down below
to add an entry for "ads.youdontlikeit.com" to have an IP of 127.0.0.1.
Accomplishes the same effect within the existing framework of m0n0
without requiring any hacking.

hth,
jim

PS, I don't do this because I don't see a way to add "*.doubleclick.net"
and I don't feel like adding every single name they use (or even worse,
the hitbox set of servers...).  Seems like there would still be a nice
feature to have some wildcard dns based site blocking.