[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Poptop
 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,
I wonder if anyone has done the following...
The PPTP guide shows how to give a "road warrior"
access to the (private) LAN.  Good to have.

However, I am hoping to use m0n0wall to
Route vpn traffic from the WLAN (OPT1) out to the WAN.

I had thought that the rules would chain OK,
but I may have missed one.

Anything on the LAN is allowed to go anywhere.
The WLAN/OPT1 is allowed to go through the tunnel to the LAN,
and gets an IP address on the LAN.
I had hoped that if the client asks for a page
on the WAN, it would go through the tunnel,
then be treated as LAN traffic, and be routed out
to the WAN using the LAN->WAN rule.

Any suggestions?
Give up and buy another Soekris, CF, etc?
Would that do the trick?

Thanks
Seth
PS the client is Windoze, so there's not a lot of control,
and I don't want to spend any more time on Winxxxx that I have to.