[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Luc Naus <Luc at lercom dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN PPTP problem with 1.1b17
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:45:27 +0200
On 13.08.2004 11:33 +0200, Luc Naus wrote:

> I have upgraded to 1.1b17
> After having problems with my connection on version 1.0 and 1.1b16
> (see mailinglist with item WRAP slows down), it seems to have been
> resolved in 1.1b16 with a hotfix from Fred Mol.
> I hoped it would be solved in 1.1b17, but unfortunatly it is not.

Can you confirm that the "set pptp disable delayed-ack" option alone
makes the problem go away? The tcpmssfix really shouldn't make any
difference, as m0n0wall already does MSS clamping within ipnat. If
disabling delayed ACKs fixes it, I'll probably add an option to do
that to the WAN PPTP config section, because I'm not sure that
disabling it by default in all cases is a good idea (it might
seriously affect performance in other situations).

- Manuel