[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 To:  "Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl" <stefan at dynasoft dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Blocking Web addresses
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:17:48 +0200
Rather than to fix the dns forwarder, the webgui should allow users to
enter banned domains names.
-A doubleclick.net/doubleckick.com/blah.com/younameit.net 127.0.0.1
should be added to the dnsmasq launch command line

from man 8 dnsmasq:
-A, --address=/<domain>/[domain/]<ipaddr>
               Specify an IP address to return for any host in the given
domains.  Queries in the domains are
               never forwarded and always replied to with the specified
IP address which may be IPv4 or IPv6.
               To  give  both  IPv4  and  IPv6  addresses  for  a
domain,  use repeated -A flags.  Note that
               /etc/hosts and DHCP leases override this for individual
names. A common  use  of  this  is  to
               redirect  the  entire doubleclick.net domain to some
friendly local web server to avoid banner