[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at brisbane dot market dash analyst dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall and FreeBSD 5.2
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:55:48 -0700
[Please teach your mailer to properly wrap its lines.  I've fixed this
up for you for this time.]

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 20:08, Mark Wass wrote:

> I want to use MonoWall with a new FreeBSD Kernal, say 5.2. I have
> hardware that does not appear to be compatible with FreeBSD 4.9.
> Is this possible? if so can someone please guide me in the right
> direction?

In general (and I strongly believe this is true for the case of
m0n0wall), you can't just take a FreeBSD kernel built from sources on a
different release train, drop it into an existing system, and expect it
to work.

Bruce.