[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Mark Wass" <mark dot wass at brisbane dot market dash analyst dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall and FreeBSD 5.2
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:41:16 -0700
In theory you could duplicate the build process, but I don't think that has
ever been fully documented. What "is" mono? It's first, a stripped,
hardened, customized FreeBSD kernel and minimal required libraries and
programs to act as a firewall...

There are docs on stripping your own, but I haven't seen a full build doc
for mono, so although possible in theory, don't know about practice ;-)

Maybe if you or someone else were volunteering to help document that
process, Manuel might find the time to give you some guidance?

I know he's busy though, and don't know how many problems you would
encounter through the differences in dependancies which would probably
require mods to the web gui.

With an impending 5.x stable, it's likely Manuel would want to update the
firewall os (iirc, the lack of a 5.x stable version was a key reason for NOT
doing so) - which mitght make it worth waiting for.

m/