[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP problem with Linux Client
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Mark N. wrote:
> Alex Bihlmaier wrote:
> > As Peter mentioned, Debian defaults to not to use PFC (Protocol Field
> > Compression)

Unless you've overridden that default in the reported case, the above is
empirically untrue.

> Is that a compile-time option in pppd?
> I've searched pppd man-page and can only find a 'nopcomp' option. I need
> the oposite right?

No, disabling PFC is worth trying, on the theory that it will negotiate
that off and thus prevent FreeBSD from sending with it.  But due to
confusion over the two levels of PFC, nothing is certain. :-)

It would probably be useful if m0n0wall had configuration options for
things like PFC, ACFC, VJC, etc.  I presume MPD has all that stuff, but
m0n0wall doesn't include it.

					Fred Wright