[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall + snort .iso + floppy
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:42:05 +0200 (CEST)
Joey Freeland said:
> Looks like that might be worth checking out.  I wish some of these
> tools would work with the CF/IDE images.  Has anyone had a chance to
> play with m0n0-utils (http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0/ .. adds
> ssh/tcpdump/traceroute)?  I've got it working off of a cd, but haven't
> been able to get it working with the CF/IDE image.  Have contacted the
> developer, but was hoping someone might've had the same problem I did:

You've run into some size limitations. The m0n0wall image consists of
two file system images:
- an "outer" image that it bootable
- an "inner" image that contains the root file system
The script is able to recreate a (larger) inner image and is able to recreate
an outer image of type iso. However, it not (yet) able to recreate a bootable
CF/IDE image. Instead, it just updates the existing CF/IDE image, which fails
if the image is not large enough to hold the update.
I'll try to add the possibility to recreate "outer" CF/IDE images this weekend.
I might even add some error checking :-)

--Fred