[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Fred Mol <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN PPTP problem with 1.1b17
 Date:  Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:19:06 +0200
On 13.08.2004 23:21 +0200, Fred Mol wrote:

> 3) 1.1b17 + disable delayed-ack
>    Does NOT seem to work, unfortunately. Same problems showed up
> within    6 hours after reboot.
> 4) 1.1b17 + "set pptp disable windowing"
>    This combination does seem to work. Has been running for 4 days
> without    problems.

This makes sense, because the kernel in 1.1b17 now includes the
ng_pptpgre.c/.h from -STABLE, which has a new parameter for the
ng_pptpgre node to turn windowing on/off, whereas with the previous
version (1.1b16) a preliminary patch was used that made the use of
windowing dependant on the delayed-ack option. So actually,
delayed-ack is not the problem, but windowing. This is consistent
with earlier problems with windowing in conjunction with PPTP VPN,
and is probably another proof that the ng_pptpgre windowing
implementation is broken.

This means I'll disable windowing for the WAN PPTP client altogether
in 1.1-release.

Thanks for testing!

- Manuel