[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Chet Harvey" <chet at pittech dot com>, "Federico Krum" <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DNS (out of topic)
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:15:27 -0700
Ouch!

I don't want to post off topic data - but bind?!?!? ugh! (sorry) - try
djbdns!

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

Light weight. Rock solid. Secure.

Doesn't support many things bind does, but doesn't have many of the
configuration risks . security problems etc. If you are going to use bind
read the o'reilly book (cricket?) on it.

m/