[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Fred Mol <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN PPTP problem with 1.1b17
 Date:  Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:07:43 +0800
on 14/08/2004 05:21 Fred Mol said the following:
> 2) 1.1b16 + disable delayed-ack Seems to work. Has been running for
> two weeks without any problems. 3) 1.1b17 + disable delayed-ack Does
> NOT seem to work, unfortunately. Same problems showed up within 6
> hours after reboot. 4) 1.1b17 + "set pptp disable windowing" This
> combination does seem to work. Has been running for 4 days without
> problems.

makes sense. iianm, between 1.1b16 and 1.1b17, the enableDelayedAck
option (which manuel patched into ng_pptpgre.c) was replaced with the
enableWindowing conf statement by the FreeBSD commiters. as such,
disabling delayed ack in 1.1b16 and disabling windowing in 1.1b17 would
serve exact same purpose.