[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NAT ip's not in LAN subnet
 Date:  Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:27:51 -0400
Greetings,

I have implemented a m0n0wall at a customer site and everything so far is
good. The LAN subnet at the customer site is 200.1.40.x 24 bits.

This company is part of a larger corporation, which has several sites. We
have another site which is connected via a private line, which uses
200.1.41.x 24 bits.

Right now, computers at 200.1.41.x can ping servers on the 200.1.40.x
network, and are proxying through one of those servers (200.1.40.60) to
get to the internet.

They very much want to get rid of the proxy, as it is failing constantly
and very unstable at this point. We want to NAT those workstations on the
200.1.41.x subnet through our router, instead of having them proxy through
the 200.1.40.60 server.

Can this be done? How so? I have tried some things but nothing works, and
people are starting to get a little bit impatient! Any tips at all?

The m0n0wall LAN interface is 200.1.40.93. According to the netadmin at
the other location, he has set the gateway on their router to be
200.1.40.93. I just want the PC's on the 200.1.41.x network to be NAT'd
through this interface to the internet.

Many thanks,
Josh