[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian van Eeden" <christian at infinitebang dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VoIP Help - Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:33:49 -0600
Hi,

I have read through the various postings about VoIP setups,
but there doesn't seem to be a clear "best approach" with
the new features in 1.1 This is the setup:

Cable Modem -> m0n0wall -> Switch -> VoIP (D-Link DVG-1120)
                                  -> Computers

From my providers documentation I have forwarded the
following ports to the VoIP: (there is no recommendation
for min bandwidth)
    - 2427 (tcp+udp)
    - 16384 - 32767 (udp)

What is the best way to configure the Traffic Shaper to
ensure QoS? (1 or 2 queues, 2 or 4 pipes, 2 or 4 rules?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian van Eeden
Technical Director
Infinite Bang Communications