[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 To:  'M0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cannot upgrade firmware
 Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:05:52 -0400
Seeing as you are going to be rebooting anyway, maybe the upgrade
process should automatically shutdown these services (after the image
has been verified)? This would reduce the confusion and work necessary
to upgrade.

Also, even before we get the auto-shutdown of services on upgrade, can
someone please indicate which services exactly must be shutdown for an
upgrade to work on a 32MB soekris? This way, there's no guessing involved...

Dana Spiegel
Director, NYCwireless
dana at nycwireless dot net
www.nycwireless.net