[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Andrew Greenwood <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cannot upgrade firmware
 Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:25:30 -0500
Manuel Kasper wrote:

>On 15.08.2004 23:20 -0400, Chris Olive wrote:
>

>>>I recently downloaded the latest beta of m0n0wall, but am unable
>>>to upgrade my existing one (b16) using the firmware upgrade page.
>>>It claims the image file is corrupt on the first attempt, and then
>>>on the second attempt reboots to its existing version.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>

>>I'm getting the exact same thing.  Hopefully Manuel and/or someone
>>else will jump in and answer.  I'm trying to go from v1.0 stable to
>>1.17beta.  I don't want to have to flash the CF manually...
>>

>Which platform/image are you two using? Image MD5 sum?

Soekris net4511 for me.  32mb of memory (which appears to be the issue
according to other posts on the list -- I wonder how this can be
remedied?  I thought the meory was soldered to the net4511 board...?).
So that answers that.

Another tribute to m0n0wall, intentional design or not, that it at least
leaves you where you were without totaling out your current
configuration on a failed attempt.

I thought the idea someone else had of turning off all unnecessary
services when trying to upgrade the firmware was a good idea...?

-chris