[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Pat Ellison" <pat at zbit dot net>
 To:  "Fred Wright" <fw at well dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless g 54M
 Date:  Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:14:03 -0400
I have the 5G now.. I think that I can keep the 74 rate up to say. 50-60
feet
(It's in a closet so that limits a lot).  Through 4 walls (drywall/metal
studs),
I drop to 12 at about 100 feet but I don't loose carrier.

Actually this "upgrade" will be a downgrade.. I'm really getting the 74mhz
from
the AP-500 but having problems with one last 5G PCMCIA card. but it's
cheaper
than buying another 5G PCMCIA card.

>Umm, so which is it, A or G?  802.11g is 2.4GHz.  If it's 5GHz, it's
802.11a.

Right it is 802.11a I'm told it's supposed to be so bad I have been VERY
happy with it.
Now that is my problem.... I've been so happy with this system that I
neglected to learn
anything about the A/B/G...etc systems. Not I'm forced to become a quick
study..