[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Delete/disable certain ipfw rules?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:20:41 +0200
Hi Fred,

Fred Wright wrote on Tue, Aug 17 2004:

>>1395 @14 skip 1 in proto tcp from any to any flags S/FSRA
>>  79 @15 block in log quick proto tcp from any to any
>>1040 @16 block in log quick on sis0 from any to any head 100

>A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. :-)

Indeed, that's why I asked about those rules ;-) Thank you very much
for your valueable explanations.

Rule 15 is my main-concern, just while we are talking:

02:55:48.645748 sis0 @0:15 b 192.168.100.111,6111 -> 82.37.18.38,4643
                             PR tcp len 20 40 -AF IN

Again: this is WANTED traffic and it's even my own traffic from
Azureus going out (sis0 is the internal LAN interface). And just a few
seconds later the opposite:

02:55:57.448415 ng0 @0:15 b 82.37.18.38,4643 -> 192.168.100.111,6111
                            PR tcp len 20 88 -AFP IN

As I said: rule 15 only does harm here, absolutely no good at all.
That's why I want it (along with rule 14) disabled/deleted, could you
please tell me how?

TIA and kind regards

Frederick